Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Journey`s End

November 25, 2008

I`m posting this entry at the Kansai International Airport one hour before we board our plane back to Vancouver. The Roots Pilgrimage 2008 is complete and it has been absolutely magical and amazing as was expected. I apologize for not blogging daily the events of this year`s trip, but it couldn`t be helped as many of the places we stayed had no internet access of had a limited time for using the computer. So I will have to give the details and highlights of the trip later when I return from Japan.

I am really excited about sharing this year`s journey with you with pictures from all the participants and all. I will call this year`s trip "Take (bamboo) 5" Shakuhachi Roots Pilgrimage as the total number of participants dwindled down to 5 from the original 9. At first I was disappointed at all the cancellations, but in the end I was happy as it was the perfect amount of people for this kind of journey. It also corresponded to the 5 holes of the shakuhachi and the the famous piece by Paul Desmond which is also a popular piece to play on shakuhachi!

It was the most relaxed and slowest-paced trip to date which was great as it gave me lots of time to rest and everyone could enjoy the journey more. I will used this trip as a template for future Roots Pilgrimages.

When I return home I will give you an account of the main details of the body of our Roots Pilgrimage 2008.

No comments: